Thursday, December 07, 2006

IFFK day-1 morning

A sour start

The first film of the film festival really disappointed me. I have just seen French Fried Vacation and I must say it is really tasteless. The film narrates the incidents in a tour camp at an African beach of some obscure name. It offers slapstick comedy that sends some of the amateur viewers in the audience into raptures. I have read good reviews about the other films of Patrice Leconte. In one interview he remarked that he did not want to be labeled as an old director who makes films just for the sake of doing it and he would stop making films pretty soon. Well, this must the film that sowed the seeds of self-doubt into his mind. There is nothing much to write about the film. I just stayed in because I have nothing else to do.

Now I am moving to New Theatre to watch Cease Fire. Hope it will be better. Afterwards, we have a film called Whisky in Kairali Theatre. The trend of film names associated with food and drinks continues. Perhaps it may help forget the sour taste of this French Fried Vacation.

No comments: